The summertime doesn’t last forever.
While rest is conducive to healing, traveling provides experiences and working now manifests in your future – balance must be sought to truly avoid stagnation.
I am not here to tell you that you’re wasting time, time is subjective. Have you considered your objectives, however?
- Sleeping. My faith isn’t the strongest these days, but I remember Jesus telling Lazarus to W A K E U P ! and he was dead. You’re not, so why spend so much time in bed? I get it – depression, crying – makes you want to sleep and not exist for a while. However, this cycle is not conducive to any of your goals nor are you improving your mental health. When your day slows down and you opt for nap, consider replacing that with something that will help you. Do you need to study? Clean out your fridge? (The cleanliness of your living space is reflective of your mental health). GET UP! *In my preacher voice*
- Social Media / Judging. Being my biggest critic, I struggle so much with judging myself. How could I have avoided negative things that have happened to me, and how I can escape the rat-race before 30? Some struggle with judging others. Why does she keep having kids without a stable home? How can she travel so much but I can’t? Social media is one of the best (or worst) tools you can use for judgement and comparisons. You truly have no idea what others are living behind their perfect relationship facade, dream-home photos and labels. Stop scrolling, stop judging everyone, including yourself and redirect that time and energy.
We all have lack in some area. Your relationship may be perfect to others, but draining you daily. (ask me how I know). Your job may have a great title, but the pay is keeping you stuck financially. (again, ask me how I know!). We compensate for what we lack by emphasizing what we have, showing off what is going well. Congrats, on buying yourself that new bag, posting it online (because it didn’t happen if it is not on social media, right?) – but what else could you have spent that money or time on… ? I wrote this blog in 2021, about rising prices and to think that now things are a million times worse, showing off for the ‘gram can wait.
Too Little ! (Do More Of …)
- Planning and execution. Twitter makes me laugh so hard when I read tweets that say things like “I want to be a millionaire by 30”. We all want/wanted to. What’s your plan? I can tell you now that a degree and a “good job” won’t be enough. 😉 Plan. Execute. Revise. Then, those goals won’t be laughable, they’ll materialize. It’s also important to be realistic. I just want to make my first grand from Breezideezi.com, then, I’ll plan and execute a new goal as I surpass that initial milestone.
- Read. The best way to stay informed, improve your vernacular and have meaningful conversations, is to be a reader. You don’t have to tote around a Harry Potter book that looks like a bible , start small – read a post from your favorite website , subscribe to newsletters of topics that interest you such as tech or crypto – small steps cement habits! Reading daily will prepare you in so many ways for what you desire. You’ll be informed, eager to learn and also able to contribute to the conversation in a way that impresses others.
- Give Thanks. No one is where they are without others. Thank your university for accepting you, even if you were their affirmative action quota (a lil shade there lol). Show gratitude for your income, even if you desire more. Thank your family for being your support. My Mom is an avid reader of Breezideezi.com and always reminds me, “The message is for the messenger, first“.
Read these relevant BLog Posts
The Gratitude Muscle
Because I was a BA and not a BS in…Keep reading
When opportunity comes, it’s too late to prepare.
“When opportunity comes, its’ too late to prepare” – John…Keep reading
I am not waiting on the world to end or anything… But you should do this too.
I am not waiting on the world to end or…Keep reading