The importance of a Passion Project : It’s Saturday, December 10th. I just finished a cathartic pre-birthday therapy session(12/13!) as I work weekly to repair and replace fragments of myself that I lost (and gave away) from 2019 – mid 2022.
There are two things I’ve kept and worked consistently towards during this time: graduating with a MBA and growing BreeziDeezi.com. I wish there were more…
I am not here to write about my therapy session, but to emphasize the importance of Passion Projects.
What is a Passion Project?
The checklist is simple, really.
- Were you pressured to start or maintain the project? The answer to this, should be no.
- Would you do it for free? (even if WordPress temporally demonetized your ads… 🙁 ) The answer to this should be a swift YES.
- Does the project require self-teaching? Do you enjoy learning on your own do you prefer outsourcing? The answer to this, is up to you.
Benefits of Passion Projects
- No one can fire you from a project you created and started on your own.
- The growth, earning potential and outcomes are all up to you and your efforts.
- When you’ve given everything you have to others, (kids, friends, exes, current partners, your job, etc…) – your passion project is there and you’re excited to create.
Painting, blogging, creating a support group, or launching a successful rental business – these are just a few examples of passion projects that I’ve witnessed, or engaged in.
Trust me when I say, the sky is the limit. This website, that you read and support is MY passion project. I’ve witnessed a relative turn their passion project of writing into a full-time, published career as an author, (support her here)
Additionally, I know someone who makes more money from their passion than their career, yet, they maintian both.
If you struggle with adequacy, confidence, loneliness or unfulfillment, I encourage you to obtain and maintain a passion project. Then,
Come back to this blog and tell me about it, so I can support you too. 🙂
Recent Posts from “The Blog”
Happy Sunday, a day of rest, planning or both… May you find inspiration in the quote below! Sunday Quote 5 “They stopped supporting you, because they’d rather compete.” Briana Derry, MBA – BreeziDeezi.com Perhaps you’ve noticed less calls, check-in from someone you admired on or leaned on. In this world of social media and business,…
The new school year is in full-swing. For my readers that have started a new semester (high-school, collegiate or post-grad) in January 2023, here is a short check-list to ensure you’re starting on the right foot. New Semester Checklist All the best to everyone pursuing educational aspirations.
It is a pleasure to add interviews with successful people to the featured blog category. Interviewing author Monica Walters was a delight. Suggestions are welcome on interviews you’d like to see or possibly be selected for, welcome to the mind of a published author! Who Is Monica Walters? Romance author, Monica Walters, is best known as…