Of course, you may set New Years resolutions but are you open to the idea of setting goals for the end of the year?
Many of us weaponize our new years goals, setting high standards and then engaging in negative self talk when we fall short. In practice of remaining in the present, here are goals for the final weeks of 2022.
Goals for The End of 2022
- Engage on Social Media less (unless for business) – or delete social media entirely for some time. This will allow you more mental clarity and less concern, or comparison. If you do find yourself using social media daily, seek out motivational content. Follow the things and people that inspire you.
- Release each day. Take time to journal or set an hour to get ahead on things that are worrying you. You can also set time aside to worry, which manages how much time you spend in negative thoughts. This is a Cognitive Behavior Technique my therapist uses with me. More info on the technique, here.
- Have a Routine. The end of the year brings more holidays and more free time. Maintain a steady wake-up bed time if you can. Research shows that having a routine aides in confidence and creativity.
- Check in with Family and Friends weekly. You must make an effort to reach out to those you care about; It will be returned to you, perhaps when you need it most.
- Remain Consistent. As 2022 ends, tie up any lose ends and keep your momentum towards the new year.
As of today, 11/28, There are 32 days left in the year 2022.
The year 2022 is 91.23% complete.
There are 5 weeks until end of 2022. This final chapter is yours to write.
Any end of year goals you’d like to share? Please comment, like and engage. It helps the blog grow and reach others.